sábado, 3 de janeiro de 2015

Series Review: The Selection by Kiera Kass


The Selection
By Kiera Cass

Synopsis from goodreads (Book One):

For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in a palace and compete for the heart of gorgeous Prince Maxon.

But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn't want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks.

Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she's made for herself--and realizes that the life she's always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.

Review:

I was not sure what I was getting my self into when I started reading these books. I had heard great things about it, so when I saw the trilogy so cheap on Kobo store I knew I had to buy it. I have to say I regret nothing. I marathoned the books plus the novellas and I read them in less that a week!
It was exactly what I needed! A funny light read with a lot of drama to lose my self into!

I can't say this was the best series I have ever read. It annoyed me most of the times, specially because America was a pain in the ass! Seriously, that girl couldn't make a damn decision even if her life depended on it! However I still loved to read her story and get to know her and see her grow.

One thing you need to know about this series is that this is about a love triangle essentially, Prince Maxon vs Aspen. I liked both boys, I think they were both good choices, but  I was team Maxon since the begging. I also liked Aspen, but I think Maxon was better to America because he could deal with her, he was patient, and America needed someone who had patience because she was a really hard person to understand and deal with. Obviously I won't say which one she chose, just that I was rooting for Maxon since the beginning.

The one thing that I didn't like about this series is that the world was not totally explored. It was more focused on the love story than in the world itself. In the last book we get to see more of it but it still was not enough. Also I think that this story could be shorted, there are a lot of moments that nothing is happening, is just America thinking about her life and how complicated it is.

I also read the novellas and I'm looking forward to read the novellas that will be released towards the end of the year. Also I'm looking forward to read The Heir, which is the forth book of this series which is the story of a new character set in the same world, (I don't want to say to much in case you haven't read the last book).

To sum up, this is a good and funny read that I'd recommend to anyone who is looking for a light and full of drama read!

Book Rates:

The Selection (3.5/5)
The Elite (3.5/4)
The One (3.5/4)






Did you read any of the books in The Selection? What did you think?

2 comentários:

  1. I read the entire Selection series and I wish that the world itself would have been more explored! I agree with you, the story is FULL of drama!
    Great series review :-) Happy New Year!

    Em @ http://theyabookbutterfly.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I hope we get to see more of the world in The Heir. And I'm hoping for drama as well!
      Thank you for your comment!
      Happy New Year :)

      Eliminar