sábado, 1 de novembro de 2014

Isabel's October Wrap Up and November TBR

I had an okay reading month this month. I read 8 books and 2 novellas. Some of them I liked, other I didn't like that much. 



  1. Destroy Me (Shatter Me #1.5) by Tahereh Mafi: This novella changed my hole perspective about this series and the love interests. I wanted to read a lot more in Warner POV. Rate: 4/5
  2. Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick: I found this book to be a little slow paced at the beginning. It took me a while to get into it, and when I'm finally enjoying myself it ends. Although I didn't love it, I will probably continue on with this series. Rate: 3/5
  3. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer: I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I had no idea what it was about and ended up enjoying it. (Full Review)
  4. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins: I read Rebel Belle a few months ago and I loved it! It was super fun. I was pumped to read Hex Hall for some time now, so when I saw this book for 3,90 euros in a book fair I didn't hesitate. I ended up not liking it as much as I thought I would. It was interesting enough and funny, but I didn't have my heart into it. I think the translation didn't help as well. I could not take in seriously because nobody talks like that. It was a bit ridiculous. I will be reading the next books in the series, I don't know when, but I will. Rate: 3/5
  5. Slammed by Colleen Hoover: I was expecting this book to be better. I have a full review here. Rate: 2.5/5
  6. Unravel Me (Shatter Me #2) by Tahereh Mafi: I liked this book as much as the first one. The writing is flawless, the characters amazing. Juliette is a little annoying in this book, and let's not start on how much I hated Adam. But I still think they are great as characters, I just hated Adam as a person, and I was annoyed by Juliette. I still like her though. I'm not sure if I'll be doing a full review of the series or this book. Rate: 4/5
  7. The Giver by Lois Lowry: I enjoyed this book so, so much! You should see the cover of the series I have (without the jacket) is gorgeous! I knew I had to have it when I saw it! I want to see the movie now! Rate: 4/5
  8. Fracture Me (Shatter Me #2.5) by Tahereh Mafi: I mentioned I hated Adam above but after reading this one I hated him even more! I didn't even now it was possible! I just wanted to kill him! Stupid bastard! Rate: 4/5
  9. One Broke Girl by Rhonda Helms: I found this book for free on Kobo a few months ago. And it was exactly what I was looking for. An easy and funny read. Rate: 3/5 
  10. Chasing Nikki by Lacey Weatherford: This is the only book I read this month that I didn't like. I didn't like the characters very much, neither did I like the plot, it was a cliché! Rate: 2/5

November TBR
  1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (currently reading)
  2. In The Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken
  3. Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier
  4. The Iron Trial by Cassandra Clare and Holly Black
  5. Frostbite by Richelle Mead

2 comentários:

  1. Great wrap up! I read the Book Thief and loved it, so I hope you do too. I am also looking forward to seeing your opinions on Frostbite and the Iron Trials especially. Seen a lot of mixed reviews so far, and curious for your take on it!

    ResponderEliminar
    Respostas
    1. I loved The Book Thief! So amazing! I'm excited to read the others as well! I will be posting a review soon!

      Eliminar