quinta-feira, 2 de outubro de 2014

Review: Cinder by Marissa Meyer

Cinder
By Marissa Meyer

from goodreads:

Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. . . . 


Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future.
Review:

Cinder is nothing but a mechanic, a cyborg and an orphan. She has a mean stepmother and older stepsister. She has never known love except for her younger stepsister. She never thought she was special, but when prince charming steps in her booth everything she has ever known changes. 

You've probably heard of Cinder before, there is a lot of hipe around this book. However I went into it without any expectations. I'd love to say I was positively surprised but I wasn't. I can't say I'm disappointed though, it was just an okay read. 

What ruined the reading experience for me was how predictable I found it. As every book this one has some "big" plot twist, but I happened to figure it out on the first chapters, like in the first 10% of the book. I think in a way all my thoughts about Cinder were because I realised what was going to happened to soon. There was no mystery for me and it made the book dull! The writing style was boring as well, I felt like the author dragged the descriptions to much making it extremely slow paced. 

However the storyline is quite interesting: the similarities with Cinderela were lovely and the characters were okay as well. I neither liked or disliked them, I just couldn't connect with any of them, I couldn't care less what happened to them but I did like the fact that Cinder was a mechanic. 

Please, don't let my review stop you from reading Cinder. I think I would have liked it if I hadn't known how it would end. There are a lot of people out there who love this book! 
I'm am not sure if I'll be reading the next books. In one hand I am curious what will happen but on the other I'm afraid I won't like it as well.
Tell me your thoughts on this book and whether or not I should continue with this series. Does it get better?

Book Rate:



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário