domingo, 3 de agosto de 2014

Isabel's July Wrap Up!

Hello everybody! This is my first wrap up! I won't talk a lot about all the books I've read, if I did this post would be to big! I read 11 books this month. I read 1 trilogy. I'm just going to put the cover of the first book of a trilogy even if I read the 3 books. 


City Of Heavenly Fire
By Cassandra Clare

book rate: ★★★ (4.5/5)


I enjoyed this book so much! I think it was a great way to finish this series. I think in most situations Cassandra Clare played it safe, she didn't risk to much. But I still enjoyed this, and I'm looking forward for The Dark Artifices.


(If you haven't read the infernal devices, you shouldn't read this book, you may be spoiled. I hadn't read the all trilogy and was spoiled)


Touch 
By Jus Accardo

book rate: ★★★☆ (3/5)


This book was okay. I liked the story and the super dangerous powers thing. But it just wasn't mind blowing. I was a quick and easy read. I will probably continue with this series. I want to know where it is going, but I don't know how soon I will pick the second book.



The Syrena Legacy 
By Anna Banks

Of Poseidon rate: ★★☆ (2/5)

Of Triton rate: ★★☆ (2/5)
Of Neptune rate: ★★☆ (2/5)

series rate: ★★☆ (2/5)


I didn't like this series. I read the trilogy quickly just to get it over with. I was hoping it would get better, but unfortunately it didn't. The last books was even worst than the first two. 

I found the books to predictable. I hadn't even read half of the book and I already knew how it would turn out. I also didn't like the characters. I can't name one that I liked. Also, the romance was those insta-love type of romances, which is something I don't particularly like. I really wanted to like this series, but unfortunately I didn't.
I had been wanting to read a mermaid book for some time now, this trilogy was my first and although I'm disappointed, I'm not giving up on mermaid books. 

The Ocean at the End of the Lane 
By Neil Gaiman

book rate: ★★★★ (5/5)


I've heard great things of Neil Gaiman's books so I went to this book with hight exceptions and it didn't disappoint me at all. The writing was superb! The plot was amazing, the characters were so lovable, mysterious and amazing. I don't have enough words to describe how much I loved this book! I will definitely read more of Neil Gaiman's books in the future! 

I recommend this book to everybody! Everybody should read this book! 

Pushing the Limits 
By Katie McGary

book rate: ★★★☆ (3/5)


I liked this book. I've read a lot of books with a very similar plot line such as this one. In my opinion the plot was king of a cliché. However, it was well written and I loved the main characters, Echo and Noah. Most of the side characters were mean and unlikeable. I liked Noah's friends and Mrs. Collins, thought. 

I also liked how it was written in both Noah and Echo's POV. 
For a cliché it was a good book. I think I'll be picking up Breaking the Rules, which comes out on the 30th of December.

The Distance Between Us 
By Kasie West

book rate: ★★★☆ (4,3/5)


I loved this book! I stayed up until 5 a.m. reading it! I laughed out loud so many times. The main character, Caymen, is so funny! She has that sarcastic type of humour. She always has a sarcastic come back to everything. If you don't like sarcasm you probably won't find the book as funny as I did. I loved the plot and the characters and everything. If you like easy contemporaries that are a quick read you should pick this book. I'm really excited to read more of Kasie West and I definitely will soon. 


Unspoken and Untold
By Sarah Ress Brennan

Unspoken rate: ★★★☆ (4/5)

Untold rate:  ★★★☆ (3.5/5)

I love both this books. I loved the characters and the plot! For some reason I love books where the characters have some kind of link between them. I went into this series without any exception and I loved it! The only reason I gave 3.5/5 to the second book was because it was a little slow pace, throughout most of the book nothing happens until the very end. I really excited for the third book in this series.


To All the Boys I've Loved Before
By Jenny Han

book rate: ★★★☆ (4/5)


I read The Summer Series by Jenny Han (full review here) last month, and I really liked it. So I decided to give this one a try since I was not certain I'd like it, because the description didn't captivate me. I was wrong. I enjoyed this book so much. I read it in less than 24 hours! It was funny, there was a lot of character development, sometimes the main character, Lara Jean, was annoying, but teenage girls are annoying sometimes so it was okay. I also loved the side characters, specially her little sister. I'm really excited for the next book. 

If you are looking for an easy and quick read, I recommend you picking up this book.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário