sábado, 30 de agosto de 2014

Isabel's August Wrap Up (Part 1)

I read a total of 18 books this month! I had a great reading month! I loved most of the books I read! Since this post will be too big, I'll divide it in two parts. I'll post the second one tomorrow!

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices #2)
By Cassandra Clare

rate: ★★★ (4.5/5)

I loved this book! I had liked Clockwork Angel, but I liked this one ever more! I loved that we get to know more about Will, and that Jem is more present in the sorry! I also loved to read under different characters perspectives like Sophie and Charlotte! I'm so looking forward to read Clockwork Princess! I can't wait!

Pivot Point (Pivot Point #1)
By Kasie West
rate:  ★★★☆ (4/5)

After reading The Distance Between us, I knew I had to read more of Kasie West. I was excited to dive into Pivot Point and it didn't disappoint. It was entertaining and fun. I loved that we were able to see the contrast between the too lives she could have. It was not what I was expecting when I picked it up since I didn't read the synopsis. But I still loved it, and after I finished I picked the second and final book in this duology.
Split Second (Pivot Point #2)
By Kasie West

rate: ★★★☆ (4/5)

In my opinion this was the perfect away to end this book! At first I didn't like the fact that it was written in two point of views quickly changed my mind. I love to read from the PV of this two characters and understand them better. I loved how it ended and I'd recommend this book to everyone who enjoys a nice and easy read which also has action, mystery and love.


Opposition (Lux #5)
By Jennifer L. Armentrout

rate: ★★★★ (5/5)

The fifth and final book of the Lux series was the perfect way to end this series. The Lux series is one of my favourite series of all time and I will always have a special place in my heart for it.


Lola and the Boy Next Door
By Stephanie Perkins

rate: ★★★ (4.5/5)

I loved Anna and the French Kiss when I first read it and I was eager to get my hands on this one! I obvious loved it! 


Anna and the French Kiss
By Stephanie Perkins

rate: ★★★ (4.5/5)

After finishing Lola I had the urge to re-read Anna. I thought it was not possible, but I loved it even more the second time! 






Trying Not to Love You
By Megan Smith

rate: ★★☆ (1.5/5)

This book was a bad choice. I didn't like it all and I had a lot of problems with it. Since this was the not the first NA contemporary I read and disliked I promised myself I'd swear off NA. Luckily I changed my mind and gave it a try again with Maybe Someday, but we'll get there in a few.

Ready Player One
By Ernest Cline

rate: ★★★ (4.5/5)

I read this book because it was the book read-a-long in The Little Book Haul Book Club, and I'm so glad I participated because I don't think I'd pick this book up by myself. I loved it! It took some time to get into it. The start is a little slow paced but when I finally got through the world building and such I really enjoyed myself! I had never anything like it and I really enjoyed it. If you don't know, this book is about a video game, but it was written in such away that I had to remind myself that if the characters died in the game, it was only in the game, they would still be alive it real life. I recommend this book to anyone, boys and girls alike.


Maybe Someday
By Colleen Hoover

rate: ★★★ (4.5/5)

I loved this book so much! I was not expecting to love it this much! It's so good! Best NA I've ever read!

full review

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário