segunda-feira, 23 de junho de 2014

Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson

book rate: ★★★

Emily and Sloane have been best friends for two years. They talked all the time about everything and nothing at all. Emily had always been shy and introverted, but that was before Sloane became her friend. Suddenly she had somebody to hand out with, to go to parties with and to help her talking to strangers, something that has always been difficult for Emily. However, in the beginning of the summer Sloane disappears leaving a list for Emily with ridiculous tasks she would never do, not even in a million years. But what if doing them is the only way to find Sloane? She doesn't think she can accomplish that, but then, unexpectedly, Frank Porter comes into her life and together they try to cross off that random list. 

This book got my full attention as soon as it started. I could relate with Emily, maybe because I used to have a friend like she had Sloane, who also disappeared from my life out of nowhere, or because I used to be as shy as she is in the beginning of the book. 


I loved how Emily developed and grew up through the book. She proved to be brave by standing up to her fears, something most of us couldn't do. I also loved all the characters, specially her young brother, he is so funny and different from most 10 year old boys. The plot is also creative, entertaining and addictive.

I had so much fun reading this book. I found my self laughing out loud in so many parts. I couldn't put this book down, and I kept reading until it was super late!

This is a book about friendship, love, finding yourself, coming our of your shell and overcoming your biggest fears. I highly recommend it to everyone who is, not only, a fan of contemporaries, but to who had a bad moment in her/his life and thought it couldn't be overcome. 


After reading Amy and Roger's Epic Detour and Since You've Been Gone, I can officially say I'm a fan of Morgan Matson, and I intend to read more of her books soon.  

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário