sexta-feira, 20 de junho de 2014

Charade by Nyrae Dawn

book rate★★★

Nineteen-year-old Cheyenne has the perfect life. A hot boyfriend, great clothes and a smile always on her face. That's exactly what she wants people to think. However, on the inside she is broken.


Twenty-one-year-old Colt never wanted to go to college, but when her mother is dying and that's her only wish, he has no choice but make it come true. 


After Cheyenne walks in on her boyfriend with another girl, her pride is wounded. So in a desperate attempt to keep her reputation intact she asks Colt to pretend to her boyfriend. 


Rapidly, their charade is replaced by another and another, until they realise they may not me playing a game any more.  


I've been reading a lot of New Adult books lately, and I thought this would turn out to be just like the others. However, I was slightly surprised. 


Both main characters develop throughout the book, they grow up and manage to face life instead of hiding in the shadow of their games, and their pasts. The plot it self is not a cliché like we usually come across in some new adult contemporaries. It is, indeed, an emotional read for those who are soft hearted and share tears easily.


I didn't cry though. But I enjoyed this book, it was exactly what I was looking for when I picked it up. 


I would recommend this book to all people who are looking for a light and emotional read. 



Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário